Breathing techniques are a simple, effective way to reduce stress. When we feel stressed, our breathing becomes shallow and rapid, which can lead to feelings of anxiety and panic. By focusing on our breath and taking slow, deep breaths, we can instantly begin to feel more calm and relaxed.
There are many different breathing techniques that can be used to reduce stress, and it may take some trial and error to find the one that works best for you. Some common techniques include counting your breaths, focusing on your breath, and visualizing a peaceful scene.
Technique 1: Count your breaths
- Inhale for a count of four, then exhale for a count of four.
- Repeat this pattern until you reach a count of 10.
- Then, reverse the pattern, counting down from 10 to four.
- Finally, return to the original pattern of counting up from four to 10.
Technique 2: Focus on your breath
- Start by sitting in a comfortable position with your eyes closed.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, filling up your lungs.
- Breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Repeat this breathing pattern for a few minutes, focusing on nothing but the sensation